Monday 15 November 2010

A day in the life

Not all days are like this (grin, just as well or I would have gone insane long ago) but I've just spent the last half hour singing through Times Tables Songs with two children, while another two children in the room wanted help and attention with their Maths workbooks; and I was also reading out words for a spelling test for a fifth. And on MSN helping yet another with an A Level English question; while marking some work (thankfully I have the answer book, so that bit was fairly mechanical). Oh, and praying intermittently for a child sitting an exam in London.

All at the same time as trying to keep a note of who is doing/has done and ought to do what today. But now it is peaceful, and I decided I'd write this for ten minutes.

(A rather poor photo showing the table where JTJ and Max sit - from my desk I can see them both clearly.)
(Another view from my desk  the wall opposite me is covered in shelves which are always full. And my leather jacket is hanging up there too - though I try as much as possible to keep everything out of the classroom which doesn't *have* to be in here, since we run out of space very easily.)


(We start lessons early, and have a break around 9am for 15 - 20 minutes so that the children can tidy their bedrooms, make sure the dishwasher has been put on, etc, and I get a chance to do some admin.)

(And I don't mean that last sentence to sound as though the children are the only ones to do housework, but at their ages, I'm not going to tidy their bedrooms for them)

(Another view of the classroom showing the sofa where we sit doing reading or sometimes watching a DVD - it's a cosy spot and the cat likes to make herself at home there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment